Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Life - how sluggish thou art

Yayy,I've finally gotten the songs I'd wanted.

I'm not much of a music person, like someone remarked I like to listen to the songs that other people like. I listen to the same song over and over again sometimes for days together.
Most of the songs I like, I've listened to on other people's recommendations or while they were playing on their comps.

Had heard Norah Jones' Dont Know Why from Pitti's comp. There's something about her voice, what Kir calls smoky made me fall in love with her voice. Rn was sick of me playing that song over and over again.

When I saw the break of day
I wished that I could fly away
Instead of kneeling in the sand
Catching tear drops in my hand

My heart is drenched in wine
You'll be on my mind
Forever


Another is the singer from Sixpence None the Richer, though only two of her songs are worth listening to (according to Rn ) There She Goes and the one that i've been listening to for the past few days, Kiss Me (okay, might sound corny but wthimb and my taste! :D )

Kiss me out of the bearded barley
Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me

Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing me upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map



Been listening to Fuzon's Dooriyaan till the song kept buzzing in my head all day.

A few days back Rn,Kir and I had a nice time singing all of these songs in the mess. We realized we need to leave when we couldnt shout out enough for Zombie. Lol, someone sent an open login mail from Kir's comp with no body and subject 'I sing zombie really well'. She's been practising with the musically-gifted guys for the musical night coming up on the 1st.
Think its going to be a lot of fun, dance party follows.

Had to coax the subjuniors into dancing for the dance competition that will also be on the 1st. Gave it a shot too, though I definitely dont suck at this , there are much better people around. One of the guys was very funny when he was showing us a step he was doing for his solo, Ek Pal ka jeena. The bending-and-running-hands-over-knees step that looked sexy on Hrithik looked pretty gross and people started laughing. Another senior asked him to stop shutting his eyes :D.

Am not doing much, mind is more vacant than usual. Reading Roald Dahl's short stories, sexy and weird.

Watched Along Came Polly (nice, Jennifer Aniston reminds me of myself) , Starsky and Hutch (okay, not worth the hype) and almost three-fourths of Requiem for a Dream ( a very intense movie, pretty freaky-outy).

No comments: