Sunday, February 03, 2008

Is it just me...

... or is Juno really not that great? What's a movie like that doing at #117 on IMDB's top 250? (At least was when I last checked). Or was I just too shocked that nobody found a teenage pregnancy a teensy weensy bit out of the ordinary? (Or have I had my head buried under the sand for too long?) It's a normal, nice movie that could do with a rating of 6-7... what's with all the hype? And I somehow couldn't stop wondering what kind of message this movie was giving out to the teenage audience worldwide and specially in the US...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes juno is a pretty good movie ... excellent acting by ellen page and a strong supporting cast and not to forget - funny and clever script... it may not deserve #117 .. thts probably coz of the initial euphoria voting of "pop" movie fans ... will surely come down when the 'intellect' movie fans vote it down in the coming months ... if 'die hard' or '300' deserve a 8+ rating, then juno deserves much better ... anyway IMBD rating - lot of padding ...


"And I somehow couldn't stop wondering what kind of message this movie was giving out to the teenage audience worldwide and specially in the US"
- teenage pregnancy is not really a shock to US audience and already quite a no of movies hv come on the same subject ...