Thursday, June 02, 2005

A lovely book ...

Haroun and the Sea of Stories. Salman Rushdie. More like the Ocean of the Streams of Story. Funny with lovely names like a storyteller who is known as the Shah of Blah. The land of Gup and the dark land of Chup. The prince of Gup - Prince Bolo and the princess of Gup - Princess Batcheat. A place of battle in the land of Chup called Bat-Mat-Karo ... and so much more. A must read.

* * *

With all the endless F.R.I.E.N.D.S watching, I was reminded of this for totally opposite reasons:

Chandler: All right. I'll tell you what. When we're 40, if neither one of us are married, what do you say you and I get together and have one?
Monica: Why won't I be married when I'm 40?
Chandler: Oh, no, no. I just meant hypothetically.
Monica: Ok, hypothetically, why won't I be married when I'm 40?
Chandler: No, no, no.
Monica: What is it? Is there something fundamentally unmarriable about me?
Chandler: [trapped] Uh, uh.
Monica: Well?
Chandler: Dear God! This parachute is a knapsack!

What's your favourite F.R.I.E.N.D.S episode? I can think of three offhand,TOW all the poker, TOW in Las Vegas and TOW the inappropriate song.





No comments: