Thursday, August 05, 2004

wow

Not that i've even been interested in shero-shayari .Never thought i was good at understanding these poems. My urdu is anyway quite poor. I'd started to read Munshi Premchand's Aakhri Tohfa in urdu .But never got down to finishing it . English is SO much easier to read :) .

This is nice :
Dekh kar tumko yakeen hota hai, Koi itna bhi haseen hota hai,
Dekh pate hain kahan tumko hum, Dil kahin hosh kahin hota hai."

Har pal hai nasha hai teri baton ka, teri ankhon ka,
Le jaa ye jaam saaqiya, ab peene me rakha kya hai.


Dhoondhte ho tum shiqan chehre par, ansoo ankhon me,
Kabhi dekhta to hota, humne seene me rakha kya hai.

Guzarenge abhi saal kai, tamanna hi kuchh aisi hai,
Mat ho beqarar ae dil, is mahine me rakha kya hai.

Haz karta to milta khuda, kahte hain log humse,
Pyar me paa liya sab, ab madine me rakha kya hai.

Paimane se peete nahi, tune may ankhon se pila di,
Tu hi bata ae saaqi, nasha maikhane me rakha kya hai.


Rahti hai tu dil me mere, main rahta hoon tere dil me,
Kya karunga zameen-asman, ab aashiyane me rakha kya hai.


De diya tha pata maine, par na khat aya, na tum hi aye,
Chal dhoondhe, kahti hai awargi, is thikane me rakha kya hai.

shashank chandra.

Though i've never read any of Ghalib's stuff , the saaqiya and the wine related stuff remind me of him .

2 comments:

shashank said...

hi simz,
well 1st of all, it was both nice and strange to find my poem in ur blog :D. I would just like to say..plzz change the color of ur templates..they r a pain for the eyes(if u dont mind).i am adding ur link to my page(any probs with that).
cia

shashank said...

i mean its difficult to read the links u have on the right hand side of the template.
y dont u change ur comment system as every1 else is doing. look for it in www.haloscan.com. any doubts can be cleared by ravi handa :D.
cia